We have a day for giving thanks. We have a day for getting deals. And now we have #GivingTuesday -- a global day of philanthropy dedicated to giving back through the support of nonprofit organizations.
Ways to Support This Holiday Season:
1. Shop AmazonSmile (and select MDI) when scoring #CyberMonday or Holiday deals.
2. Consider making a gift to MDI on #GivingTuesday.
3. Share MDI's story, by following us on social media.
MDI is a manufacturing operation and a nonprofit that employs people with disabilities. People with and without disabilities work side-by-side to produce the best possible plastic containers for our business-to-business customers. In 2016, MDI provided employment to over 500 people, almost 316 of whom were people with disabilities. For those who would like to take their skills to another employer, MDI helps with their resume, interview skills, and placement.
A 2016 study by Wilder Research found that each dollar donated to MDI produces a social return on investment (SROI) of $4.87. Several factors contribute to this number, not the least of which is savings to taxpayers from reduced long-term public assistance costs, health care, and emergency services.
Ways Your Support Helps:
- $50 gives an employee with disabilities case management support.
- $100 supplies three hours of job coaching to employees with disabilities.
- $250 means emotional support for nine employees with disabilities.
- $500 provides skills training for five employees with disabilities.
Your gift is 100% tax-deductible and will do so much to help people with disabilities. Donate today.