Opportunities. With Purpose.
At MDI, meaningful employment is important to us. This includes providing jobs for people with disabilities in Minnesota who want work that matches their skills, interests, and that offers challenges and self-sufficiency.
Finding employment in Minnesota for people with disabilities can be challenging. At MDI our personalized employment opportunities for people with disabilities can help:
- Identify their skills and abilities
- Develop career plans
- Participate in professional skills training
- Secure job opportunities
How We Help
Employment at MDI offers positions in our manufacturing operations, which includes job support from onsite Employment Support Specialists. These jobs empower individuals to achieve greater self-sufficiency and personal fulfillment through meaningful work.
Job Placement Services provide assistance to people with disabilities to identify skills and interests, create career development plans, learn new job skills and find employment.
Day Training and Habilitation Services (DTH) provide employment opportunities within MDI's Environmental Services operations in Cohasset, Minnesota. This is funded through waivered services and County funding, allowing people with disabilities to receive customized full-day and part-day support in the workplace.
You Can Expect
- Specific employment opportunities and training matched to each person's unique abilities
- Disability awareness, ADA/accommodation training and consultation
- Orientation, job training assistance and consultation
- Highly-trained and experienced professional staff who care deeply about each individual and their unique talents
- Job coaching and training
- Assessments, job trials and skill development
- Job placement
We are accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF).
If you have a disability and are interested in working at MDI or receiving services from the MDI Employment Services team, contact: Jeanne Eglinton, Director of Employment Services, Jeanne.firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-999-8283.